Wednesday 9 July 2008

Countdown

10 days until Karen & I set off on our 'Way'.Maps have been checked (& cut down to size to save weight).Tonight we make plans in a local hostelry with friends who intend to join us for part of the Way.So an even more thorough check of the maps to make sure we actually meet.
Weather not been good to do enough practise walks...excuses...
I have to try out my old rucksack out as I'm not convinced by the new one - must do a longish walk.
Got a surprise gift in the post from Fi (sister).2 lightweight knife/fork/spoon combos - only 9grams each.v thoughtful - thanks.
there should be a photo of me poring over maps to go with this my first ever blog entry.But have not been unable to upload it from camera (thanks for trying to help -Red Dave & Terry.)
Spent ages on phone with Terry from ACN (the excellent charity who channel the sponsor money where it's needed).Already planning another Goodwill Walk but to an even 'more interesting' place.Trying to engage with some 'high profile' people to make the sponsorship side grow from family,friends & parishioners -won't say who yet.
That's it for now.Cheers,Paul

No comments: