Monday 11 August 2008

A Glowing Pilgrim!

The late opening of 'camara santa' where the Lord's face cloth is kept means that I am over 5 hours behind the other pilgrims. I also took Kaz to the hospital for her knee and bought food and a fleece. It's now 13:00 and I've 11 miles to go and an 800' mountain in 7k! The route is a bit complicated and I'm alone and my right calf is beginning to cramp. Squitters beginning too! I stopped to apply some 'deep heat' type gel for my calf then went to loo before washing it off my hands. Big MISTAKE! I now glow on my calf and another place!

Where I'm headed they had 70 sleeping outside two nights ago. I'm hoping the 'english rain' will put off the crowds as I'll easily be the last to arrive there.

On the upside my feet are good and spirits high except for loss of valiente 'pegleg'. More prayers please to find the route and a DRY bed.
Updated by Fiona for Paul and Karen.

No comments: