Wednesday 6 August 2008

Not Stilletto´s.

15:35 hrs 6th Aug.waiting to get into Poo Albergue (on veranda at back).
Had 2 days with Frank & Roz.Taken turns to Walk & be Pelleginos.They brought my boots from England.Against my better judgement I tried them.My 'fell runner' shoes have a half inch heel.the boots a 2" heel.I had 4 hours of purgatory -absolutely crippled.I totterd along paths.they might have well as been 6" stilleto's.I had left my shoes in F&R's van as their 'next to skin technology'renders them soooo pungent.(if I could focus the pungency I'd make millions patenting it as a diamond cutter).
FR had a Pellegrinos Paella at last Albergue I saw the two rabbits heads go into it.
Next morning 5th I had my 4th blisters operation.worked great not withstanding my 'stilletos'.Good to get rid of squelch & searing pain of blisters(but preferable to stilletos).
K walked about 6 of 8 miles we have done today.v slow.she has decided for the moment she will be Pellegrinos de autobus.I need to clw back some of the lost miles.I'm pencilled in for a couple of 20 mile days.It's the 'asphalt' that causes blisters & has a battering affect on joints.Prayers please!speaking of which during my 'pugatory in boots' yesterday I got a bit lost.another angel appeared from nowhere & directed me.

No comments: