Friday 15 August 2008

Wild Horses

Walked from Pola de Allende to la mesa up mountains through what seems like apline meadows. 'Much bueno'. Long descents, so much pressure off knees on to poles that my arms ached (usual) then pain went up over shoulder and down my back. I am looking at a herd of wild horses in heather and in the foreground, cows with bells on. Alberg is mouldy and smelly.
Tomorrow first thing, I will ascend some more, then I have a half mile plunge in only 4 miles distance. This is followed immediately by 2000' climb! This is the crunch day for the knees. Much bueno prayers please.

Updated by Fiona for Paul.

1 comment:

Sil said...

Hey peregrino-Paul - you are doing soooooo.... well! Don't think that these posts are floating away, unread, into cyber space - there is a stream of pilgrims reading and rooting for you.
Buen camino y dios led bendiga.
Sil